At JMK we care about the environment. Our new BMW building was built with energy efficiency in mind.
In May 2011, JMK completed installation of a 112 KW solar panel array which is housed on the roof of our vehicle preparation building. The solar system generates enough electricity to power 97.3% of that building.
From May 2011 to December 2011, the solar panel system has generated the equivalent environmental benefit of:
Planting 1,757 trees
Driving 158, 782 passenger miles in a vehicle
Energy used in 6 standard houses each year
JMK’s Green Initiative
1. Our new BMW building uses UV resistant glass which is highly tinted to reduce heat gain thus reducing our energy usage in the summer months
2. 97% of the lighting fixtures throughout the building are Compact Florescent light fixtures (CFL)
3. Our two decks (50,000 square feet) utilize energy efficient lighting and are controlled by motion sensors and timers.
4. Many rooms and offices are controlled by motion sensors and timers.
5. Our entire HVAC and lighting system is controlled via a pc based system which uses remote temperature sensors and light sensors to turn on and off lighting and HVAC.
6. High speed garage door have been installed in 3 of our building. These high speed doors allow vehicles to enter and exit quicker, thus allowing less heat or A/C loss and reducing our energy usage.